Saturday, June 25, 2022

Sadio Mane the Farewell Interview


ENG Full 062022
Sadio.Mane.Farewell.Interview.ENG10.twb22.mp4
656.6 Mo
https://uptobox.com/ngptx415x4dm
https://filejoker.net/wu89clqtmr54 

After putting the finishing touches on his move to Bayern, Mane invited Liverpoolfc.com to Mallorca to conduct a farewell interview. He spoke of his eternal love for all things Liverpool– the club and its supporters, as well as the city while also reflecting on topics such as his Reds legacy, his development under Klopp, his favourite moment and goal and why he is looking forward to returning to Anfield one day.
























Sadio, thank you for welcoming us to your home for this farewell interview. Your transfer to Bayern Munich is now complete, does it feel a little bit strange to say you are no longer a Liverpool player?
Yeah, for sure, for sure. Obviously it is strange  really, really strange – to no longer be a Liverpool player after six years spent at Anfield. But of course I had a great time, an unbelievable time, and since my first day I really, really enjoyed training, playing, at Anfield especially and in front of these amazing supporters. Now it’s come to the end, so what can you say?

There was a lot of speculation about your future towards the end of last season. Can you explain to us why you felt it was the right time to move on and try a new challenge?
Yeah, sure there was a lot, a lot, of speculation but I’m not a confused boy in my head. Obviously I know what I want and I know what is professional so for me, I was not even thinking about it because I was still a Liverpool player and we had really, really important games. For me that time was so, so important for myself and the team and the boys, and the supporters as well, and that is why I was really, really focused on that. I did not want [to make] any comments about it because winning the Champions League and the Premier League, that would have been fantastic for myself, for the club and for everybody. So that is why I was not even talking about or commentating about the speculation because it is part of football, it will always stay [this way]. It is normal.


Did you feel like you achieved everything you could achieve at Liverpool?
Yeah, sure. Like I said, from the first day I came to the club, I spoke to the boss when I was in Southampton and I think at that time we were not even in the Champions League. He called me and I said, ‘For sure.’ I just decided in my heart that I am coming to Liverpool because that is where I see myself and for me it was the right time and the right club to achieve everything. So, I can say of course we won a lot and I spent a great, great time there. An unbelievable time at Liverpool, we won a lot. Like I always say, my life is always [about a] challenge and when it came I said to the club that I want to leave, I want to go somewhere else to see a new challenge. It is not anything else, it is just a challenge because for me I want to always be challenging myself to get better and better.

You mentioned the boss there. Have you spoken to Jürgen and any of your now-former Liverpool teammates to say goodbye?
Yeah, sure. After when both clubs agreed [the transfer], I sent a long text to say goodbye to everybody, which is normal. They were sad, as I was, but it is part of life. We just have to accept it.

Was it very important to you to leave Liverpool on friendly terms with everyone, from the coaches and players to the staff and the supporters?
Yeah, of course! That was the plan from the beginning because for me, to leave Liverpool in a very good way, that is me because how I have been there. It was fantastic in the club, in the dressing room. I am friendly with everybody, the coaching staff and even the kitchen staff, the ladies in the kitchen! So, for me leaving in a good way is so, so important – and [for] the fans as well.


How have you grown and developed as a footballer and a person since you signed for Liverpool six years ago?
Wow! Incredible, incredible because when I came I think I was 24. I was not that old like now! But yeah, sure, I think I have developed as a human a lot and as a footballer I learned a lot from my teammates of course, these great, great, great players. And of course the staff helped me a lot to become the player [I am] and as well, I work very, very hard. Very, very hard.

During your Liverpool career, you won every club trophy there is to win, as well as AFCON with Senegal this year, African Footballer of the Year, the Premier League Golden Boot… when you arrived in 2016, did you ever dream you would, or could, achieve so much?
I will say that when I was a kid that was my dream, to win everything possible: trophies and individual trophies as well, that was my dream. So that is the reason I never stopped working, I am a very hard worker. Of course, for me it was the right time and the right club, when I was in Southampton, to come to Liverpool to achieve those things and I can say, ‘Yeah, I achieved something’, which is very, very incredible for me and I will be always grateful for this amazing club. I will never forget it and for sure I am looking forward for the next...




No comments:

Post a Comment

NO LINKS ALLOWED