Friday, August 2, 2024

Ladies First: Summer Cup 2024 Angel City San Diego Waves

   

Group Stage
3e journee
1 aout 2024

ENG
Women.Summer.Cup.2024.Angel.City.San.Diegos.ENG.twb22.mp4
3.76 Go https://1fichier.com/?yib2yaqjuem06awvxt8p

A mid-match sprinkler interruption didn’t dampen Angel City FC’s win Thursday over San Diego FC that featured the long-awaited return of star forward Christen Press. Press entered the game in the 89th minute to resounding applause from the sell-out crowd at Titan Stadium, Angel City’s home venue for NWSL x Liga MXF Summer Cup matches. Press has been sidelined since she tore her anterior cruciate ligament in June 2022, a span of 781 days. The injury and complications required four surgeries for Angel City’s first signee. “It was a lot of emotion,” Press said of the moment she returned to the field. “So many ups and downs over the last two years, definitely moments where I didn’t think I’d make it. I think sometimes as athletes we are looking for the next thing and I was just trying to be present. I just ran on the field for the last five minutes but it was a lot of determination and patience that was required to make it on the field tonight. I really see it as the next part of my journey.”









No comments:

Post a Comment

NO LINKS ALLOWED